Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Painting A Thounsand Words

  • I was once told that if God gives you the ability to paint a thousand words; then to use those words to scream for those who could not scream for themselves. That Art was a gift to be used to give voices to those who did not have one. A picture paints a thousand words, a song or a piece of literature, a million pictures. Imagine the impact that many words in any form of artwork could make.
  • All Art no matter what form, if it is at all good in any way, is created with some form of passion driven behind it. I present to you the following questions; What is the passion that drives you as an Artist? What do you scream for? Do you use your Art to scream for others or simply for self gain?
  • What drove you to pursue the type of Art that you do? Have you ever been impacted by a piece of art, music or literature in your past? Well of course you have, whether you realize it or not you have been affected by Art throughout your lifetime.
  • Art throughout History has changed people, our culture, how we perceive the world around us, and even our moral code. Whether it was through painting, sculpting, music, public speaking, or written Word.  Art has left a impact on not only everyone's individual lives but in history .
  • It is because of this that I believe that as Artist we have an obligation to create something that will leave the world a better place then before. That a true Artist's Work will not simply leave a whisper, But a scream that can not help but be heard. So as an Artist my question to you is, How loud are you? Is your work simply a whisper that screams for nothing that can be forgotten easily? Or does what you create leave an impact?

1 comment:

  1. For me as a writer, unpublished so far but I'm working on it, I write because I feel the need to, like I have these ides in my head that need to be out and shared.

    When I read a story, or poem and it moves me, makes me think that is powerful stuff. I am so wowed, as that power is something so wonderful, and I hope to one day be able to do the same.

    ReplyDelete